We have numerous live streams on YouTube, Instagram and other platforms. They are closely connected to our daily life. We’d like to spend time watchin
We have numerous live streams on YouTube, Instagram and other platforms. They are closely connected to our daily life. We’d like to spend time watching a few online programs like TV shows, sport matches or broadcastings. But most of them aren’t available for download and easily lost in the internet’s void. However, sometimes you may wish to save it as a video and review it later. At this time, you will need a screen recorder to capture or record live streaming video.
Here is a lightweight and portable tool: Youku desktop screen recorder, a freeware specialized in capturing the screen. With this convenient and free software, you are able to record the screen for free and save live streaming on hard drive. Though it’s in Chinese, the simple and clear interface, as well as powerful functions make it easy to use and well worth a try. You can download it and start recording without installing any new app on your device.
Here is a specific tutorial for you to capture a streaming video with Youku desktop screen recorder.
Step 1. Set the Capture Parameters.
To record a live streaming video, we shall customize recording settings firstly.
- Select the destination folder for output video.
- Click the “Voice” button to choose whether grab sound from computer or microphone, or both.
- Adjust the saving quality as needed. You can choose a high, normal or low quality for exported video. The file size will drop if you choose low quality.
- Determine the output format. You can save the stream live as a standard FLV or MP4 format.
Step 2. Start capturing the live streaming video.
After the presetting of the program, you can then select the recording area you want to capture. Recording selected area and full-screen are both supported.
There are two buttons below the recording area, you can click the left one to stop recording and right one to pause it. Once you click stop button, the recording process will come to end and save an independent video automatically in chosen format to your destination folder.
There are also shortcut keys for you to perform recording easily. Press F9, F10 or F11 to start, pause, or stop screen recording separately.
Main features of Youku desktop screen recorder.
- Portable and easy to use.
- 100% free software.
- Less than 20MB.
- Grab sound from computer or microphone.
- Save recordings with customized quality.
- Easy shortcut keys to perform recording.
- Custom the recording area.
- Support FLV and MP4 formats.
- System requirements of Youku desktop screen recorder
- System required: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Free Disk Space required: 50 MB
- Memory required: 250MB of RAM at least.
- Processor: Dual Core processor or later.
After recording, you will see the output file in destination folder. You can either keep it on your hard drive or share it on the internet with your friends. That is one of the most efficient way for you to capture a streaming video.
Youku desktop screen recorder free download.
Get the smart and free desktop screen recorder by clicking the download button below. It is portable version. No need to install. Run directly by double clicking the execute file.