As a beginner, it is awesome to have a website. You can post your articles on it and share with your friends. You can also sell products or services o
As a beginner, it is awesome to have a website. You can post your articles on it and share with your friends. You can also sell products or services on your website. You are happy with the website design and you believe that your audiences will be impressed. However, you may ignore one thing, which is much more important than the physical address, you need an email address with your domain name for your business.
Do not forget your “Contact Us” page so your visitors can contact you conveniently. And Please do not use your private email address or free email services from providers like Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook. The email address like “[email protected]” or “[email protected]” cannot help you improve your business brand. Create a business email address with your domain name in it, [email protected], for example. Show your professionality and broadcast your brand.
Here is how to create an email account with the domain name.
What you need at the beginning.
- Your domain name. Please purchase one from Godaddy or Namesilo. They are cheap and you can even use some coupons for discount. Usually, $8-$10 for each.
- One Hosting Server provider. You should have purchased a web hosting server. Here, we recommend Bluehost, Dream host, Siteground. They are all recommended by WordPress. In this post, we choose Bluehost. The price is less than $6 per month.
Now, follow the steps below to create your email account.
- Step1. Login your cPanel. Click the “Email” on the left panel.
- Step 2. Enter the Email account information. Type into a mailbox name and password. Please guarantee the strength is very strong.
- Step 3. Click “Create Account” button. Now you have set up an email account with your domain name, for example, [email protected]
How to set up mail client
Accessing your email account via the web is not convenient for checking or composing an email management. So, using a desktop email application will be the best choice in practice. Mail client could check your email automatically and send new message notification. Remember your account and autorun when system start.
Some mail clients should be configured manually. Here, we take Foxmail as a good example.
Step 1. Click “Set Up Mail Client”
Step 2. Foxmail is not on the list of available mail client automatic configuration scripts. Go to “Mail Client Manual Settings”, you will find “Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)”
Ste 3. Run Foxmail and create an account. Click manual. Then select server type as IMAP. Enter your E-mail account and password. Copy Incoming Server address and paste into IMAP Server text box. Use IMAP Port. Copy Outgoing Server address and paste into SMTP server text box. Use SMTP Port. Then click “Create” button and your email client will be configured successfully.
Using the business email address with your domain name can boost the confidence of your visitors. Just like SSL, visitors feel safer when browsing your website and contacting you. I hope this post could be clear enough and help you set up your email account associated with your domain name. If you have any questions, or you need some more effective ways, left you comments.
Related reading: Can’t connect FTP to host server? Read me!