GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format) have been ubiquitous and popular on the internet. It brings much fun to our life on many occasions, like sharing cl
GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format) have been ubiquitous and popular on the internet. It brings much fun to our life on many occasions, like sharing classic TV scenes, showcasing show recaps and presenting online operations. As a quick and informative way to spread live screenshots on the social media, GIF captures tremendous audience’s attention. That’s might be the reason you want to capture screenshots in the form of animated GIF on your laptop. To accomplish this manipulation, we introduce you a free and lightweight software well-suited for doing this: ScreenToGIF.
ScreenToGIF is one of the top tools that will help you to capture screen and turn it into an animated GIF. It supports you to directly record via screen or camera with high quality, also add, delete and edit any frames of your GIF manually, and then share it with others automatically via multiple devices.
How to utilize ScreenToGIF
This post will introduce you how to make animated GIF screenshots and share it on social media.
- First of all, find a video clip you want to make a GIF. Note that the GIF would automatically eliminate sounds, therefore you ought to select a moving clip.
- Download and install ScreenToGIF on your Windows PC and run it.
- After installing the app, click on the icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. Now you will see a window with a transparent background.
- Drag across the screen to adjust the size, frames of your capture you want to record.
- Click “Record” until the recording accomplishes and then click on stop.
- After recording, a screen to edit GIF would occur on your screen. You can edit your GIF according to your need.
- Click the “Save As” button to save GIF on your laptop.
Furthermore, there are various useful features for you to edit the GIF while recording, such as:
- Show or hide mouse cursor while recording
- Start or stop recording with hotkeys
- Change aspect ratio of screen and recording speed
- Change frame number
- Add text, image or caption and borders to the frames
- Add filters like blur, negative, sepia, grayscale effects
- Move screen while recording
- Freehand drawing
- Use custom GIF encoding or paint.NET encoding
If you are looking for a simple way to create an animated GIF in your Windows, this lightweight and user-friendly software is the one you are looking for. With ScreenToGIF you can easily make you desired GIF with anything performing on your Windows. Try to capture the live screen and share it on facebook, twitter or other windows media now!