Markdown is a markup language that combined both advantages of text format and word processors. You just need to learn a few simple symbols and then f
Markdown is a markup language that combined both advantages of text format and word processors. You just need to learn a few simple symbols and then focus on writing, eventually, you will get a clean, lightweight and easy-to-read post. Compared to cumbersome word processors, Markdown uses a simple syntax to replace composing, which allows you to express ideas smoothly without switching between keyboard and mouse. All composing can be done with a keyboard in a simple and fast way.
Furthermore, MD format can be converted directly into HTML, PDF and more formats, therefore you are available to share it everywhere conveniently. As you may have noticed, more and more writers start using Markdown as writing standard over these years. Many websites also support users to directly edit or upload files in Markdown format.
In this post, we provide a basic tutorial for novices about basic syntax of Markdown. You will find how simple and efficient this markup language is once you master it within 10 minutes.
- Focus on content rather than typography and write with ease.
- Easily output HTML, PDF and .md formats.
- Plain text that compatible with all word processing applications.
- Easy to preview, update and share on the web.
- Simple symbols make the learning curve gentle.
- Fast formatting and previewing with a live side-by-side interface.
You can create headings by adding number signs (#) in front of text or underlining the text with equals signs or dashes:
Markdown supports both order lists and unordered lists (number lists and bullet lists).
Add unordered lists with asterisks (*), plus signs (+), or hyphens (-):
Text can be emphasized with bold or italics.
• Add two asterisks (**) or underscores (__) before and after text to bold text.
• Add one asterisk (*) or underscore (_) before and after text to italicize text.
• Add three asterisks (***) or underscores (___) before and after text to bold and italics text together.
Add links to your text using a combination of square brackets and parentheses:
Insert images into your text by using a syntax that similar to links:
Embed a simple table into your text by combining vertical bars (|) and hyphens (-):
Render reference with angle brackets (>).
There are multiple Markdown editors and we have listed the most popular programs that proved to be powerful in different devices. You can preview the site by clicking the link below and download it out there.
- For Web Extensions: 1) Markdown Here
In the end
For text formatting, Markdown is an aesthetic and practical syntax for writers, scientists, and minimalist. It provides a simple way to add headings, bold, bullet lists, and other formats to plain text. If you are interested in writing smoothly and composing once and for all, you’d definitely enjoy it.